Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas lights garland

Here's a simple craft idea that the kids and I made last week. The best part is that you can make it with your kids in a pinch AND it's a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit. 

You don't need many supplies and they are things you likely already have on hand.
You'll need: a glue stick, some ribbon, scissors and construction paper.


I made a light bulb shaped template and layered my construction paper so that I could cut a bunch of lights at a time. Because I was working with small children I did all the cutting, but if you are doing this with older children you could cut out a template and have them trace and cut each one out. It depends on their skills ...and attention spans. Once the light bulbs are cut out, your child is ready to glue them onto the ribbon any way they choose!
Here's a picture of my 7 year old's string of Christmas lights... 


So cute and festive! I hung them up around our playroom entrance.
And for all the keen mums out there, if you are doing this with school-aged children you can easily incorporate some patterning/math lessons with this craft too!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...