Sunday, January 2, 2011

fleece hat & mittens

Early in December, I made a pair of pink and white 'stay-on-mittens'. I gave them to a young girl at the playgroup I frequent who had no mittens of her own. One of the other moms there saw the mittens and asked if I could make her daughter a pair with matching hat as well. She has a young son so she wanted a set that was gender-neutral to pass on to him one day.
I had never made mittens from scratch before and was up for the challenge.
This is what I came up with:


I had just enough navy blue fleece in my stash to make this set and I finished off the raw edges by hand with a blanket stitch, using some earth-toned wool I had on hand. To make this set, I used the Butterick B4673 pattern and modified it quite a bit.
I'm happy with how it turned out, and I hope she is too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...