Sunday, February 13, 2011

a place for books

You haven't heard from me much this week because I was hit pretty hard with the stomach flu that is going around. I have managed to putter around and get a few little things done but mostly cleaning and organizational type stuff. 

It was a slow recovery process but I'm better now and ready to get back to it!


Back in January I picked up this strange little piece from the thrift store nearby. 




I couldn't resist its quirkiness and thought it would work well in our playroom.

 


I gave it a few coats of white paint (no primer on hand) and did my first ever 'distress' job.




And, because it's for my kids, I added a little pop of colour on the inside to make it a bit more playful.




Just a small project - but enough to get my confidence up to try something a little bigger... (more on that later)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...