Friday, February 18, 2011

seek and find

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be showing you some of the things I'm working on for an upcoming sale in my neighbourhood. Many of these items are similar to those in my Etsy shop, but there are a few new things too (still geared towards little people).

My latest project has been to make some themed 'I spy' bags. They whip up quickly but it has proven to be much more difficult to find the little trinkets to put inside them.  My local dollar store doesn't seem to have much of what I want, so although I found a few things there, the rest was from the fabric store and my own crafty stash.

So here they are - 3 complete so far:







The first one I made was much larger than these but I decided I wanted smaller, more manageable ones for toddler-sized hands. These ones are about 5 inch squares. 

There is one 'on the farm' theme and the other two are all about Spring.
I'd love to make some for each season, but I will have to wait for those assortments of trinkets to become available throughout the year. 

I plan to include a legend of what is hidden inside the bags, but they already provide enough sensory fun for the really young ones as is.

Lots more to come so check back again soon.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...