Tuesday, April 26, 2011

kimono for hannah

One of Malcolm's best friends is a girl named Hannah.
She's beautiful, petite, and has lots of adorable freckles. 
Along with her family, Hannah is living a very inspiring eco-friendly lifestyle by staying off the consumer grid. They buy only local, secondhand or handmade. Her family blogs about this lifestyle choice here if you would like to learn more.


Hannah recently celebrated her birthday so naturally we gave her a handmade gift. 




I picked up this Asian inspired fabric at my favourite quilt shop and thought it would be perfect for a kimono. 
I used a simple pattern that I got from here, and altered it a bit (I added bias tape along the bottom edges and made small slits on each side). 






The challenge was finding a coordinating fabric for the bias tape. In the end I went with olive green broadcloth. 

I received a picture with Hannah wearing her new kimono top - and it fits!
Happy Birthday Hannah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...