Tuesday, April 12, 2011

my grandpa

This weekend we celebrated my grandfather's birthday. 
I'm not sure he'd appreciate me telling the world how old he is so let's just say it ends in zero.
What do you give someone who has everything?! 
That's what I struggle with every year. 
But this time, when I was wandering around my favourite quilt store, I came across the perfect fabric.




Grandpa makes his own wine so I made him an apron with images of vintage corks and corkscrews. 
You can't really tell from the picture, but this apron has extra long ties and a big pocket on the front. I love that the dark colours will hide any spills.


While we were there, I managed to snap a couple of pictures for this week's 'glimpse into motherhood' project. I know they're nothing spectacular but it's so rare to be able capture Evan with an authentic smile and I had to take advantage.







Awe. Makes me want a puppy.


3 comments:

  1. At first I could just see the top of the photo of Evan and I thought Oh No It is the skunk back. but after scrolling down I realised it was a puppy dog. LOl

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's funny- he DOES look like a skunk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, perfect picture timing on that second picture. Puppy dog tongue out and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...