Saturday, April 16, 2011

star wars birthday - part 2

As I mentioned earlier, we've been busy putting together a Star Wars themed party for Malcolm.
And what's a Star Wars party without Star Wars costumes?!
So here's my little Jedi:




...he was still in his jammies when I made him try on the new robe.


Now those of you who have actually watched Star Wars would know that the Jedi robes are in fact dark brown. 
I did not. 
But thankfully, I am told that both Yoda and Obi Wan Kenobi have lighter coloured robes so my efforts weren't a total waste. Which is really good because I made 7 of these! There's one for each child attending the party.


Jedi in action

They were simple to make, especially because I finished the edges with my serger rather than hemming them. Oh how I love my serger.

I took pictures as I went but figured it would be more clear if I drew up a little tutorial. 
So here it is if you would like to make your own Jedi robe (no matter what colour you choose).




Each robe required between 1 and 1 1/2 meters of fabric (depending on the size of the child). I also made a hood for Malcolm's robe but didn't like how it turned out so I skipped this step for the other ones.






My littlest Jedi was too busy to stop for a photo but I managed to snap one of him on the move. 
Thanks for stopping by. 
I'll be doing one more post with all the final details of the party so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see this. My nephew told me that he wants to do a Star Wars party and so I think I will be recruited to help out :). These robes are so cute! Can't wait to see everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job you. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...