Sunday, May 29, 2011

thrifted dining room (a work in progress)

We've been super busy with life stuff around here, but one of the things I've been working on is my dining room. Unfortunately, I don't have any before pictures so instead I'll update you as I go, and I'll put it all together once it's all done. 

I posted about my new table here, and now I'm sprucing up the rest of the room. 
I bought a pair of lamps like this from the Thrift store recently. 




I didn't like the shades but I figured they were easy enough to change. 
The lamps were just the right size.




I had hoped to find drum shades but settled on these ones from Ikea. I'll keep looking though (which is why I left the plastic wrap on!). 

I didn't mind the white lamps, but wanted to add a bit of punch to the room.
So I painted them yellow. I used Americana acrylic paint (Moon Yellow). I also painted some of the brass with a metallic silver paint.




I haven't decided whether to glaze them to make them look old, add varnish to make them shiny or just leave them as is. But I do like how they pop against the blue walls.

The mirror still has to be hung on the wall. Right now it is just resting on the hutch that I also bought at the Thrift store a few months ago. More to come on that later.

A new runner is in the works too.
So little time, so much to do!

Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. love the yellow color against the blue wall. Good luck with your progress on the room makeover isn't it fun to do stuff like this.?
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow color you picked for the lamps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...