Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shiver Me Timbers! ~ A Pirate Quilt

I've been working on a little surprise for my boys.


I'm excited to finish it up but find myself with multiple projects on the go and not enough time in the day.



 This is the first quilt that I've free-motion 'quilted' so there's room for improvement. 
But I'm pretty happy with the results so far. 
I have yet to tie off my threads and bind it, but I haven't decided how to quilt the stars yet. 
Stitch in the ditch or maybe little skulls in the center of each...


I used Jaybird Quilts pattern 'Unwind' for the front,
and the back is a panel that I bordered with grey Michael Miller fabric.



I can hardly wait to see my boys snuggling up together under this quilt to watch a little TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...