Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hot Stuff

I've been puttering around doing small sewing projects here and there lately
I realize that I haven't been posting much so this is kind of a two-for-one today.

Here are a couple of gifts I've whipped up.
I usually resist the cheesiness of giving someone a hot pad as a gift but I just couldn't resist the cuteness of this first pattern.


I made this for a friend who happens to love owls and is working on adding red accessories to her kitchen.


The pattern is called 'Hot Who' by Susie C Shore Designs and can be found here.

For my mother (who loves to cook), I made this next one to match her dining room colours:


 I created my own simple pattern for this one, and it doubles as sort of an oven mitt.


So cheesy or not, these little hot pads come together fairly quickly and make a great - last minute - 
hostess gift ........ perhaps along with a bottle of wine to go with ;)


        Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...